- M&A roundup: Prager Metis, REDW, Somerset and Fineman West expandon January 20, 2021 at 10:15 pm
Prager Metis combines with Blair, Bohlé & Whitsitt; REDW joins with CPA Global Tax & Accounting; Somerset CPAs and Advisors adds Rowley & Company; and Fineman West merges in Katz & Associates.
- ACCA finds mixed views on diversity in the accounting professionon January 20, 2021 at 9:05 pm
The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants found the majority of accountants internationally believe they are in an inclusive profession, but nearly two-thirds think the profession still has an issue to deal with when it comes to diversity.
- IRS issues guidance on repayment of deferred payroll taxeson January 20, 2021 at 8:16 pm
The Internal Revenue Service released information on how employees now have until the end of the year to repay any payroll taxes they deferred from last year.
- Budgeting advice for accountants for 2021on January 20, 2021 at 7:31 pm
Given the turbulence of the past year, agility should be at the forefront of our minds when building a budget and strategy for 2021.
- Biden to extend student-loan payment freeze until Septemberon January 20, 2021 at 6:25 pm
President Joe Biden plans to extend a freeze on federal student-loan repayments until at least the end of September, keeping in place a pandemic measure that’s reduced costs for tens of millions of borrowers.
- AAM accepting submissions for 2021 Marketing Achievement Awardson January 20, 2021 at 6:01 pm
The Association for Accounting Marketing is seeking nominations for its Marketing Achievement Awards and Marketer of the Year award.
- Intuit adds more help for small biz and self-employed applying for PPPon January 20, 2021 at 4:42 pm
The software vendor has updated its free website with interactive tools to help small business owners and the self-employed assess their eligibility for federal relief and related tax credits.
- Embracing the AI waveon January 20, 2021 at 4:31 pm
Reliance on data automation will only increase as the decade marches on.
- Trump investigators have tax records even before court rulingon January 20, 2021 at 3:27 pm
Investigators probing Donald Trump’s finances have gotten hold of some of his tax records, allowing them to move ahead even without a Supreme Court order that would give them eight years of his returns.
- PwC employees to get performance raises amid pandemicon January 20, 2021 at 3:03 pm
The Big Four accounting firm says it worked hard to preserve its workforce and continue providing competitive compensation and benefit packages.
- Stock Market Today: Investors Cheer Yellen Remarks on Stimulus, Taxeson January 19, 2021 at 9:52 pm
President-Elect Joe Biden's pick for Treasury secretary sets a market-friendly tone in congressional hearing, lifting investor spirits Tuesday.
- The Best and Worst Presidents (According to the Stock Market)on January 19, 2021 at 9:16 pm
Which American presidents oversaw the best stock market performances? Just for grins, let's see what a 'stock market Mount Rushmore' might look like.
- Is the Stock Market Open on Inauguration Day 2021?on January 19, 2021 at 4:29 pm
The federal government will enjoy an off day on Inauguration Day, but the stock and bond markets alike will conduct business as usual.
- 20 Best Stocks to Buy for the Joe Biden Presidencyon January 19, 2021 at 4:10 pm
Joe Biden is about to become America's 46th president. These are 20 of the best stocks to own under the new administration.
- The Recovery Rebate Credit: Get Your Full Stimulus Check Payment With This Tax Crediton January 18, 2021 at 10:30 am
If you didn't get a stimulus check, or you didn't get the full amount, you may be able to claim the recovery rebate credit on your 2020 tax return.
- Stocks Had a Big Year. Should You Sell Some to Buy a Second Home?on January 18, 2021 at 9:45 am
Last year was a hot one for the stock market. If you’re sitting on some big gains, that vacation home you’ve been dreaming about may be calling your name. Here are five questions to answer before you take the plunge.
- 10 New Year’s Financial To Do’s (You’ll Feel Great When You Check Them Off)on January 18, 2021 at 9:35 am
Once you run through this checklist, you’ll be in great shape for a prosperous and organized new year.
- Stock Market Today: New Stimulus Plan Fails to Stimulate Stockson January 15, 2021 at 9:24 pm
Did Wall Street just "sell the news"? Stocks decline a day after Biden unveils $1.9 trillion "American Rescue Plan."
- The 13 Best REITs to Own in 2021on January 15, 2021 at 8:33 pm
Real estate offers diversification and much more income than the market average. These are 13 of the best REITs you can buy as 2021 comes into focus.
- How to Handle an IRS Audit of Your Tax Returnon January 15, 2021 at 8:16 pm
Don't panic! Keys to success include being well prepared, establishing credibility right from the start, and keeping your wits about you.
- Wedbush: Tesla Stock Has Double-Digit Upside, But Don't Buy TSLAon January 15, 2021 at 7:01 pm
Analyst Dan Ives just put a Street-high $950 price target on TSLA stock, but he maintained his Neutral stance. Here's why.
- When Can You File Your Taxes This Year?on January 15, 2021 at 6:01 pm
If you're an early bird when it comes to filing your tax return, you'll have to wait a little longer this year before the IRS will accept your return.
- Biden Proposes $15 Minimum Wageon January 15, 2021 at 10:45 am
As part of his $1.9 trillion economic stimulus package, President-elect Biden proposed an increase in the federal minimum wage.
- 12 Ways the Biden Stimulus Package Could Put (or Keep) Money in Your Pocketon January 15, 2021 at 10:30 am
President-elect Biden's "American Rescue Plan" includes several proposals to assist people financially harmed by the pandemic.
- When Roth Conversions Are the Right Move – and When They Aren’ton January 15, 2021 at 9:29 am
Converting a traditional IRA to a Roth IRA can be a smart tax- and estate-planning strategy for some people, but it can be a mistake for others.
- Third Stimulus Check Update: When Could We Get Another Stimulus Check?on January 11, 2021 at 10:35 am
President-elect Joe Biden and others in Congress are pushing for a third-round of stimulus checks, but it might be a while before we get them.
- 6 Reasons Why Your Second Stimulus Check Might Be Delayedon January 6, 2021 at 10:30 am
The IRS started delivering second-round payments in December. If you're still waiting for your money, here's why your second stimulus check could be late (or never arrive).
- Where's My Stimulus Check? Use the IRS's "Get My Payment" Portal to Get an Answeron December 30, 2020 at 2:45 pm
The IRS has an online tool that lets you track the status of your second stimulus check.
- Earnings Reports for the Week of Jan. 18-22 (IBKR, INTC, NFLX)on January 22, 2018 at 12:00 am
Check out our earnings calendar for the upcoming week, as well as our previews of the more noteworthy reports.
- Retail: Sales Decline for Third Month on Pandemic Effectson January 12, 2018 at 12:00 am
Kiplinger’s latest forecast on retail sales and consumer spending.